The LGBTQI Group aims to foster the general health and wellbeing of young people aged 12-25 who are a part of the local LGBTIQ+ community. The support group provides a unique youth-led platform for participants to engage in a variety of activities and workshops that aim:
- To provide relevant information, resources and activities to promote the general health and wellbeing of young people who are a part of our local LGBTIQ+ Community
- To increase knowledge of where local young people can access further assistance and support if needed
- To minimise stigma in relation to accessing assistance and support
- Create effective communication strategies
- To provide a safe and inclusive space for youth to engage in activities/ programs
- To further develop skills, strategies and support networks that may assist and support the young person’s general health and wellbeing
The Nambucca Valley Youth Services Centre has an open-door policy and is a registered ACON Welcome Space that provides a safe and inclusive space for all program participants to engage with.